Visitor Guidelines During COVID-19 Pandemic
Beth Israel Lahey Health has taken a number of steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in order keep our patients and staff safe. Please review our updated visitor policy below. Additional COVID-19 resources, including information on testing and vaccination, can be found here.
Given the decrease in COVID-19 infections in the hospital and the community, effective immediately, we will be further opening visitation for family and friends of inpatients.
- Visiting hours end at 8:00 pm.
- All visitors will be screened at the hospital entrances, given a "screened" sticker and a surgical mask.
- Anyone screening positively will not be allowed to visit.
- Patients, visitors and escorts MUST wear hospital issued surgical masks, covering their nose and mouths, at all times while in the patient's room and in the hospital.
- Patients can have up to two visitors at a time.
- Visitors are not allowed to visit during aerosolized generating procedures (AGP) and for at least 30 minutes following an AGP.
- Visitors must directly enter and immediately exit the hospital at the beginning and end of their visit.
- Visitors are not allowed in the cafeteria nor gift shop. And they are not allowed to congregate in the hallways nor lobbies.
- At all times, nursing may use discretion in limiting any visiting by family or friends.
- Patients in the ED and in Ambulatory Clinics may have one person accompany them throughout their visit.