The Division of Gastroenterology at BID Needham provides the community with expertise in all areas of gastroenterology and hepatology (liver diseases). The Division is serviced by highly-trained, board-certified gastroenterologists who provide specialized care in the areas of esophageal disorders, gastroesophageal reflux disease, liver diseases, disorders of the pancreas and biliary system, motility disorders, and inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis).
We also provide clinical expertise in all aspects of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy and perform more than 2,600 procedures each year.
Our procedure rooms are equipped with the latest technology for performing upper endoscopies and colonoscopies.
Endoscopic procedures include:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy
- Esophageal dilation
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Procedures done to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of liver disease, including liver biopsy and paracentesis
Infusions and Other Services
Medical Day Care also provides a range of other services, including:
- Blood transfusions
- IV therapy infusions
- Medication administration
- Transesophageal echo examinations (TEE)