The Registered Dietitians in the Outpatient Nutrition Clinic provide comprehensive nutrition assessments and counseling to meet each individual's nutrition needs. Our goal is to teach patients how food and nutrition affect health and well-being; specifically how nutrition therapy can aid in maintaining overall wellness and managing health conditions.
Nutrition counseling is available for a variety of needs, including, but not limited to the following conditions
- Bone and Joint Health
- Disordered or Emotional Eating
- Diabetes (Type 1, Type 2, and Gestational)
- Food allergies/Intolerances
- Geriatric Nutrition
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (e.g. Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Celiac Disease, Diverticulosis)
- Heart Disease (High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure)
- Kidney Disease
- Pediatric Nutrition
- Prenatal Nutrition
- Sports Nutrition
- Weight Management
Registered Dietitians are considered the food and nutrition experts who can help you meet your health and nutrition goals. Our dietitians are registered with the The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. They are required to participate in ongoing professional education. Some dietitians are certified in specialized areas of nutrition such as diabetes, renal, pediatrics, oncology, weight management and sports nutrition.