Spacious and light-filled, the Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center & Surgical Pavilion, adjacent to BID–Needham, brings comprehensive cancer care and advanced surgery into the community and close to home.
We deliver state-of-the-art care in a warm, supportive and convenient environment, with specialized resources readily available. Our team of world-class specialists are members of Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC). That means you and your family have easy access to all that Boston has to offer in clinical trials and novel treatments. The BIDMC Cancer Center is one of the preeminent clinical and research cancer programs in the country, providing the best in early diagnosis, leading-edge treatments and personalized care plans.
We are pleased to offer in Needham top-notch academic medicine, minutes from home, without having to travel to and park in downtown Boston.
Thoughtfully designed with input from patients, families, physicians, surgeons and nurses, our Cancer Center features:
- All cancer care services on the first floor, including radiation treatment
- A radiation oncology suite featuring a state-of-the-art linear accelerator that delivers advanced conformal radiation therapy
- Advanced imaging systems
- Ten chemotherapy bays, a private chemotherapy room and multiple exam rooms
- Treatment areas overlooking a healing garden
- Plenty of natural light in every clinical area
- Team-based, highly attentive, personalized care
- The same Harvard-affiliated physicians you would see in Boston, but in a convenient location
Our Pavilion, which nearly doubles our surgical capacity in Needham, allows for more advanced operations for cancer, colorectal, orthopaedic, urology, otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) and general surgery.
Recognized locally and nationally for outstanding community care, BID–Needham provides comprehensive outpatient and inpatient services, with new, private patient rooms, complete diagnostic facilities, and a new, award-winning Emergency Department.
Manage Your Care Online, Anytime
Easy to Find with Free Parking
Our Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion is attached to BID–Needham. We are located at:
148 Chestnut Street
Needham, Massachusetts 02492
There is plenty of free and accessible parking for patients, families and visitors.