Healthcare Heroes Fund
We are facing an unprecedented public health crisis with the rise of COVID-19. All of us at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham recognize that we have a profound responsibility to care for all who rely on us for our knowledge, skills and expertise during this time.
To support our frontline caregivers, BID Needham established the Healthcare Heroes Fund (HHF) to provide essential resources to employees affected by, and incurring additional costs as a result of, the COVID-19 State of Emergency.
The emerging priorities include:
- Grocery and nutritional assistance including complimentary meals at The Trotman Family Glover Café, restaurant deliveries coordinated in partnership with The Boston Globe for the duration of the COVID-19 State of Emergency as well as funding to subsidize food costs.
- Childcare assistance to subsidize backup childcare needed for an employee to continue to work while daycares and schools are closed as a result of the COVID-19 State of Emergency
- Transportation assistance to subsidize additional costs incurred traveling to/from work as a result of the COVID-19 State of Emergency, i.e. MBTA schedule changes, social distancing efforts and loss of rideshare or carpool arrangement
- Housing assistance to subsidize lodging costs incurred by employees who are advised to or choose to stay at a partner hotel* to reduce COVID-19 exposure to family members
- Funding for unforeseen investments made by BID Needham, including the purchase of equipment to enable the practice of telemedicine, limiting clinician and staff exposure to COVID-19 as well as employee support and rejuvenation programs
Thank you for considering a gift to BID Needham at this critical time. 100% of your contribution will directly benefit our employees, showing them that they are not alone.
Employees, click here to apply for a Healthcare Heroes Fund grant.